"A PLACE TO INCREASE YOUR COLLECTIONS AND ENJOYMENT WITH FRIENDS."
Meetings are usually the 3rd Sunday of each month with the following exceptions.
- March we host our annual show on the second Sunday.
- July we do not meet because of many people on vacation.
- December we do not meet bacuase of the Christmas holidays.
The other 9 months our regular meetings are held at the:
Sixth Ward Athletic Club
22 West Broadway
Oneonta, NY 13820
The monthly meetings are made up of 3 parts:
- From 4pm to 5pm is the auction preview and social time. Some people bring in items to sell and there is in essence a mini show going on during this time. There are light refreshments available provided by the club, coffee, soda and either crackers or cookies.
- At 5pm the formal meeting is called to order which consists of from 5 to 10 minutes for announcements, questions and answers and any business that might need to be taken care of.
- The auction starts immediately following the meeting and runs to completion.
Membership in the coin club costs $10 for a lifetime membership. I tell people that it is the life of the club or the member, whichever comes first. The club is currently over 25 years old and we have over 170 members.
Our auction generally runs from 100 to 150 items with several people consigning items for the sale. I have had to limit each consignor to not exceed 30 items otherwise we would never get done with the auction. A consignor must be a member of the club to list items for sale. The club gets 5% of the sales price for any items sold. This fee is paid by the seller. No fees are collected for unsold items. There are no buyers premiums, what is bid is what is paid. Currently most auction items can be viewed at my coin shop prior to the meeting date. A current months Auction List is available in PDF format.
It is important to read the Meeting Notice each month in case of changes to the meeting date or place becuse of a conflict of interest with the Sixth Ward Club.
If you are interested in becoming a member of this club, please contact me at email@example.com.